4/28/2016

Scanxiety, Shock and Cebration

I had my 3 month follow up pet scan yesterday. I didn't have much scanxiety, anxiety about the results of the scan.  I had been feeling good and almost pain free for two full months. That's until this last Sunday when I started having horrible back pain.  I was so worried the pet scan was going to show progression in my spinal tumor since I was having 10-11 levels of pain on a scale from 1-10.
Lisa before her appointment
April 27, 2016

Well, I found out I'm NED!!!!!!  No evidence of disease!!!!!!  All the tumors and nodules in my lungs and spine are GONE!!!! And it's either a pulled or strained muscle in my back near the location of my spinal radiation.  I've never been so excited about back pain before.

It's surreal.  I was in shock.  My cheeks hurt last night from smiling so much yesterday. It's been a day since finding out and I don't think it's totally sunk in yet.

Lisa celebrating the wonderful news
I'm so very thankful for the prayers, love and support I've received from around the world.  I seriously believe that the prayer requests and positive energy that surrounds me are the reasons I'm considered NED within 9 months of my initial diagnosis. Truly amazing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome.