5/23/2016

Side Effects or Something Else?

With a higher dose of my targeted treatment pill, Tarceva, I experienced all over muscle aches and pains.  The dose was lowered.  Most of those pains went away.

Lately, I've been concerned with some muscle tightness.  I started doing morning stretches after my last back pain issue. Since I was going to stretch my back every day, I thought I would be good to stretch the rest of my body too.

I realized I'm having issues with more than just my lower back.  Most all my body is tight. There has been no improvement in flexibility after several weeks of daily stretches.  I contacted my oncologist last Friday.  He suggested I hold off on my chemo pill for a few days to see if things improve.  Today is Monday.  I haven't taken a pill since Thursday.

I didn't think it would be too scary to not take my chemo pill for the last few days. I knew I would still have some in my system. I didn't think the cancer would return within a couple days.  But my energy levels were down.  I was also reluctant to carry on with normal activities for a couple days.

I called the oncologist today with my update.  Three days with no pill.  Three days with very little to no change.  So the plan is to go back to my regular dosage tonight.

Maybe I'm just that out of shape.  Maybe the stress on my body has effected me more than I realized.  Maybe this isn't lung cancer or treatment related.


3 comments:

  1. It's good that you're so in tune with your body. Keep listening to it and keep stretching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always praying for ya....we'll stretch together in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 24, 2016

    Listen to your body. Meditation helps this old lady with her aches and pains. Praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome.