2/06/2019

It's We, Not Me

After a lung cancer diagnosis you run into the question,  Is there anything you wish you knew before your diagnosis that you know now? My answers have changed over the years.  Today, my answer is,  I wish I knew how much burden the diagnosis would put on my relationship with my boyfriend.

Lately,  the biggest challenge has been dealing with the ongoing changes and troubles in our relationship after three and a half years of incurable,  terminal,  lung cancer and a hemorrhagic stroke.

 You would think life would get easier and we should be able to ride the wave by now.  For us,  as soon as we think we've got things under control, it only gets harder.  Our basic relationship dynamic is constantly under stress.

Click HERE or the illistration for my latest article in Lungcancer.net.
The article touches on some of what we are dealing with. We have to learn to adapt, rest, recharge and live with lung cancer and all the added crap that life has handed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome.