8/19/2016

Just My Luck

Since my lung cancer diagnosis there has never been, why me? When talking about my lung cancer, the words, luck and lucky have come up over and over.
  • How lucky am I to have a genetic mutation?
  • How lucky am I to live in Colorado, so close to University of Colorado Cancer Center and possibly the best lung cancer doctors in the world?
  • What luck to be diagnosed just weeks before the World Conference on Lung Cancer in Denver and I was able to register and attend a session.
  • How lucky am I to have a beer dedicated to me and brewed in my honor?
That's right! My own beer! My friend, Todd Greiner, is behind this. He made a home brew. I taste tested it in April 2016 during a visit to Ohio. That is when the beer was, I don't know how to say it, 'gifted' to me. He said he wanted me to name it. He would brew the beer in my honor and portions of the proceeds would go to lung cancer awareness and research fundraising. After some brainstorming, we had a name. Lisa's Luck Amber Ale was created.

Todd entered Lisa's Luck in a brewing contest. He won! Fifth Street Brewpub in Dayton, OH is brewing 14 kegs of Lisa's Luck Amber Ale. It will be available on tap mid September.


Todd brewing the first batch of Lisa's Luck Amber Ale
at Fifth Street Brewpub on August 18, 2016



The beer will make it's debut at the Lisa's Luck Tapping Party and fundraising event on September 17, 2016.
Click HERE for details and to RSVP.








1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer so I could try that beer! What a cool tribute to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome.