12/27/2021

What's Bigger Than an Apocalypse?

 Dec 27, 2021

Unfortunately I have another disease to add to the Medical Apocalypse. I have been diagnosed with Diabetes. It could have been caused from the long term steroids I've been taking for kidney inflammation. Or the port infection.  Or the combo of both.

On Dec 24 I was confused,  disoriented and what I describe as hallucinating. Everything felt like a deja vu. We called 911 and I took an ambulance to the ER.

My blood sugar was 700 when I arrived. That is dangerously high. I was lucky to go to the ER before something really bad happened. I was admitted that night. 

I got the infected port removed yesterday. I decided to do it bedside with local anesthetic in my hospital room instead b of doing surgery with full anesthesia. The numbing shots were the worst part of the procedure. It's painful to get shots in an infected site.  At the end the surgeon told me I was brave. It was appreciated and I like the word brave better than strong. 

Talked to infection diseases Dr. Cultures came back. The port infection is either strep or staff. The antibiotic is doing its job.  I'll get oral antibiotics to take at home. As far as he's concerned I can be discharged on his end. 

Hospitalist is working on finding the right insulin dose. When that happens I can be discharged. Maybe tomorrow if I have a good night and no bleeding at the port site.

I can't wait to get home. I miss Calvin and Laynie. It's our Christmas Day when I get back.  And it's our first Christmas in our new house.

Keep the prayers and positive thought coming my way. They have helped keep me safe, alive and well enough to take on every new ailment and side effect.




2 comments:

  1. I just hate hearing this Lisa. So sorry. Wow. Just surreal. Feel better soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave is a total UNDERSTATEMENT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome.