5/24/2022

PinUps & Downs

  • It's been a crazy seven months. Well, it's been a crazy year. But I moved to Ohio seven months ago in the middle of a crazy year.

Some updates:

  • I've managed to stay out of the hospital for four consecutive months. I continue to slowly gain energy and strength.
  • Lung cancer is stable. I'm still on the daily oral targeted therapy treatment, Tagrisso. It's  controlling two out of the three mutations that drive my lung cancer. I think the 2021 iv chemotherapy took care of the third mutation. I've had no progression since.
  • While the 2021 iv chemo controlled the cancer progression, it also did a number on my kidneys. My creatinine level started to rise following the chemo treatments. The theory was, after time, the kidneys would heal and bounce back. Unfortunately, the iv chemo killed my kidneys. They never recovered. I'm now in stage 5 of 5 stages of kidney failure. I will need to start dyalisis soon.

  • I've had two pinup photoshoots with Gem City Pinup Photography In Dayton. It's been fun and gives me something to look forward to. It also keeps me occupied while planning wardrobe, accessories and poses. Plus, it's fun to get dolled up and be Cookie DeMartini for a few hours. I'm looking for some local pinup contests to enter before I head to the Hot Rod Rock and Rumble Pinup Contest in Fountain, CO at the end of August, 2022.

  •  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome.